Hosting a party? Heading to a potluck? Or just want some delicious little finger foods to munch on? The answer: Jalapeno Poppers! Not plain ones - but bacon-wrapped. Not only will these be everyone's favourite at your party or potluck, they're super easy to make. Another plus? They're super quick to prepare as well.
Read on for our super easy & fast Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Popper recipe:
You will need:
- Cream Cheese
- Chives or green onions
- Wooden Toothpicks
(soak them in warm water to avoid catching fire in the oven)
1. Slice the jalapenos in halves like below. Wear gloves when you're cutting them... touching your eyes will BURN after handling these.
2. Scoop out the insides of the jalapeno with a spoon. Keep those gloves on...
3. Soften the cream cheese in the microwave - about 20 seconds should do the job. You want it soft but not too soft.
4. Chop up some chives (or green onions)! Chop them pretty fine.
5. Add the shives (or green onions) into the softened cream cheese.
6. Fill the cream cheese into the jalapeno halves generously.
7. Now for the best part - bacon! Slice the bacon in 1/3. You'll only need it to wrap around the jalapeno once... or twice if you're a true bacon-lover.
8. Wrap the bacon around each cream cheese stuffed jalapenos.
9. To avoid having the bacon fall off when it's in the oven, secure it with a wooden toothpick.
Tip: Hold onto the top and bottom ends of the jalapeno when securing the pick - it's much easily that way that holding the middle as the cream cheese will squeeze out!
10. Pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes on 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C