It was time to take a little break from baking so I tried making a pulled pork recipe after hearing co workers talk about it at work. The usual pulled pork recipe is made with barbeque sauce but I changed it up a little bit.
A slow cooker is an amazing invest because you can cook so many things with it, I had purchased a very small one from Wal Mart for $12 back in University a couple of years ago and it's still up and running today!
2 pound pork loin roast ( you can use pork shoulder or butt as well)
1/2 can of coke or pepsi
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup water
1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce
1. I was using a frozen roast so I had to defrost it, if you are using a fresh roast, just skip to number 2. You can either defrost the roast the night before or I just popped it in the microwave for about 5 minutes to quickly defrost it.
2. Pour the roast, soy sauce and water into a pot and bring to a boil (I boil it first so that it speeds up the cooking process a little bit and saves a little bit of electricity)
3. Pour the boiled soy sauce, water and roast into the slow cooker and pour the coke into the cooker. Add in the onions.
4. Leave the cooker on high for about 3 to 4 hours, until the pork easily separates into shreds
5. Add the teriyaki sauce to the shredded pork and turn the cooker on low for about an hour, until there is not much sauce left.
You can put the pork into muffin tins and freeze it. You can defrost it whenever you want and they will already be in perfect personal portions! They are great for sandwhich fillings or even eating it with rice :)