- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen) There is a lot of blueberries so if you want something that is slightly lighter, experiment with 1 cup of blueberries until you find what you like!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Cream together the butter and the sugar. Stir in the applesauce, vanilla, orange juice and eggs
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Stir the flour into the butter mixture until it's all combined. Add in the blueberries until it's evenly blended.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin (makes about 12 regular sized muffins) and put in the oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!
If you can't eat all the muffins in a short period of time, you can wrap them in saran wrap and freeze them and when you are feeling hungry, just pop it it in the oven or microwave for a quick heat up!